Are you looking to spruce your home up this summer? Maybe you want to enhance its curb appeal or make it more inviting for the guests that attend your backyard bar-b-ques. Whatever the reason, it is always fun to give your home a little updated look when the seasons change. From new flowers to new windows, providers of replacement windows in Orange, CA. have these tips to give your home a summer refresh.
Tips for Getting Started
Giving your home a fresh look and feel doesn’t have to be hard. To get started, start from the front yard and work your way in the house and out the backyard. Look for things you can clean up, or old items that need to be replaced. Then, think of items you can add to enhance the space.
Stand on the curb in front of your home and asses what you see. How is your landscaping looking? Could your house use a new paint job? Are there any lightbulbs that need to be replaced? Does your front door need to be washed? Write down everything you see and then take each project and complete it one-at-a -time.
Other than maintenance and projects, some things you can do to make your home look especially bright and summery include:
- Add bright colorful seasonal flowers and plants
- Change any pillows or cushions you may have on your front porch to bright, fun, summer patterns
- Switch out old house numbers for newer more modern and trendy ones
- Place a new bright welcome mat at the front door
- Change (or add) a summer wreath or other décor to your front door
Inside the Home
Once you have your outside front yard assessed, it’s time to move indoors. Notice if there are any projects that need to be done such as repainting or any maintenance. Once those concerns are addressed, its time to “summer up” the interior. This could be things like:
- Adding a new summer table cloth or centerpiece to the dining room table
- Changing any dark, heavy curtains to lighter, sheer style ones
- Switching out throw pillows and adding fun bright summer patterns
- If you have a wax burner or scented candles, choosing light summer scents
The last area you want to direct your attention to is the backyard. Walk outside and look around. As with the front yard notice if anything needs to be fixed or replaced. After those projects are complete, make the place a fun summer hang out by:
- Creating a shaded seating area by using an awning, table umbrella, trees, or other shaded canopy
- Adding bright colored flowers into your landscaping
- Setting up an outside kitchen area so you are ready for backyard bar-be-ques
- Installing an outdoor screen for family movie nights under the stars
If you want to add just one investment that will give your home a dramatic summer refresh consider adding new replacement windows. Not only will this greatly enhance your home’s appearance from both the front yard and the back, but it will also help your home stay cool and comfortable inside all summer long.